Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I believe in the sand beneath my toes...

Tuesday Oct 14, 2008

I believe in the sand beneath my toes...


The beach gives a feeling, an earthy feeling
I believe in the faith that grows
--Third Eye Blind (from Semi-charmed Life)

The song may be mostly about sex & drugs, but I do love that line - and I do believe in the sand beneath my toes!

Jay doesn't just believe in the sand beneath his toes. He also believes in the sand inside his mouth, between his fingers, in his hair, behind his ears, under his armpits, and in his diaper. He didn't particularly like the taste of sand, but he kept putting handfuls of it into his mouth, as if the next fistful would somehow taste better than the last.

We had a great time at the beach - lounging around, reading magazines, admiring the cuteness of Jay and his cousin Camden, and taking pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. He was completely spoiled by having all of his grandparents around, since he spent the entire week being passed from one set of loving arms to another. And perhaps, just as bad, we were completely spoiled during the week, too. It's been an adjustment to go back to the bottle-washing routine. While Dorothy may have said, "There's no place like home," for me there's no place like the beach.










Comments:

These pix are awesome!

Posted by Bethany Watkins on October 14, 2008 at 08:42 PM EDT#

I LOVE the picture of your family on the beach. Look at Jay holding his mommy and Daddy's hand. What a beautiful memory!

Posted by TOJ on October 15, 2008 at 06:58 AM EDT #

No comments: