Monday, July 26, 2010

It's time to move on...

Monday Jul 26, 2010

It's time to move on...

...It's time to get goin'
What lies ahead I have no way of knowin'
But under my feet, baby, grass is growin'
Time to move on, time to get goin'
-Tom Petty, Time to Move On

The time has come ... the blog is moving on. I have wanted to do this for a while, and now it looks like WolfBlogs is forcing me to. As a blogging platform, this is pretty basic. (Ummm, yeah.) There are lots more options in terms of layout, background, and cute factor at blogspot (Google's blogger) or WordPress or Xanga. Since apparently me and Dr. Greene are the only ones at NC State who regularly used WolfBlogs and other places do it better for free, it's gotten too expensive for the University to maintain.

So, come visit Torquil and CheezeDoodle at our new blogging home:

http://www.torquilandcheezedoodle.blogspot.com/

All my old stuff is there, and let me just tell you what a pain in the you-know-what it has been to move it all over. See, there are a couple of different ways to migrate blog content using RSS or Atom (I say that like I have some clue what that really means). However, none of the comments would be migrated, and none of the links or images. Your comments are the most important part of the blog to me. So, the only option was the time intensive method - copy and paste. Each and every single post, beginning in August 2007, and continuing through the 132nd post last week. That's a lot of words! And a LOT of comments!

It's not too pretty yet. For the moment I'm sticking with my basic light blue scheme, but I have grand plans for family pics, background, links to my fave blogs ... all the things that make blogs fun to read. So stay tuned. And keep commenting - because really, they mean a lot to me.



Posted at 09:29PM Jul 26, 2010 by Jen Foster in General | Comments[0]

No comments: