Monday, April 5, 2010

You can't hide your lyin' eyes...

Monday Apr 05, 2010

You can't hide your lyin' eyes...

...and your smile is a thin disguise
thought by now you'd realize
there ain't no way to hide your lyin' eyes.
The Eagles, Lyin' Eyes

Ahh, can't hide the red in these lyin' eyes. That's cause I have pinkeye. SERIOUSLY?! Isn't that something that kids get? Aren't you supposed to grow out of that?

Yesterday, we had our windows open as the clouds of yellow pollen rolled in. (Smart, eh?) So when my left eye started feeling itchy and icky, I didn't think much of it. I took out my contacts and went back to our Easter celebration with my family. But as the afternoon went on, they eye got goopy, and I started to wonder if it might be more than allergies. When I work up this morning with my eye sealed shut and bright red, I was pretty sure there was bad news in my future. So, off to the optho I went ... and bad news I did indeed get. It is in fact pinkeye - both viral AND allergenic conjunctivitis. Oh joy.

So, now I'm taking bets - how long will it be before I make a trip to the pediatrician for a kid with pinkeye? Which kid?

Posted at 08:19PM Apr 05, 2010 by Jen Foster in General | Comments[6]
Comments:

Oh Jen, sometimes reading your blog is more painful than I can bear! Memories, pressed between the headache in my head to paraphrase a song...
So been there and done it oh so many times to count. The joy of Motherhood at its finest.
Dr Susie's advice, cold compress and a glass of Trader Joe's finest wine. Just a thought, and it doesn't hurt to get in the tub light a candle and tell Derek you will be out when everyone is in bed. Worth a try?
Hang in...Susie
Math time? Curses I say, Curses!

Posted by Susie Hoffman on April 05, 2010 at 09:59 PM EDT #

Ugh. I say both kids... Pink eye is the worst. Sooooo contagious.

Did I ever tell you about the party I went to in college? It was my freshman year. Went to the party on a Friday or Saturday and woke up on Monday with pink eye. One of my roommates got it too. I had a class with the guy that had the party and when I went back, he said EVERYONE at the party got it. Gross! How does that even happen??? It was like some fool rubbed his eyes on the keg tap or something. Ick!

Posted by Ginger on April 06, 2010 at 10:46 AM EDT #

Oh! And feel better soon!!!

Posted by Ginger on April 06, 2010 at 10:46 AM EDT #

Two thoughts as I sit here w/ wine in hand and cold washcloth on eye...

@Ginger - Ewwww! I've become fanatic about handwashing, but I fear you're right. It is an evil little virus, that apparently even alcohol can't kill.

@Susie - I don't know what's up with all the spam I'm getting lately. Apparently spammers are better at math than you are! :-) Wish I could make it easier on you, but then what would you have to complain about?

Posted by Jen on April 06, 2010 at 11:03 AM EDT #

Just in case you haven't thought of this or the Dr didn't tell you, change your contacts and serilize your lens case (can put it in the dishwasher). I hope the boys don't get it too.

Posted by Ali Perry on April 06, 2010 at 05:37 PM EDT #

UG! I hope that the drops make it go away quickly. I got pinkeye for the first time from Grace, and she never even showed symptoms. I think maybe Jay brought it home from daycare without anyone knowing... (Poor Jay can't even defend himself) I hope that everything clears up soon, because we really do want to visit! (Grace keeps walking past Luke's little stuffed animal that we're bringing and saying "Dog? Dog? Dog?" and reaching for it, so we really do need to bring it to you lest she decide that it's hers...)

Posted by Erin on April 06, 2010 at 09:51 PM EDT #

No comments: