Sunday, April 12, 2009

Christ the Lord is Risen Today

Sunday Apr 12, 2009

Christ the Lord is Risen Today


Alleluia!

Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia!

Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!

Sing, ye heav'ns, and earth reply, Alleluia!

Happy Easter! Easter is always a very reflective time to me. At church this morning, we stopped to remember those in our congregation who have died since last Easter. Lately, I've been very much missing my "Appie" who died just before Easter. Every Easter, we would dye eggs at her house, and she never seemed to mind that we left permanent splotches on her kitchen island. But the sermon today was about living in the present and remembering the fact that this moment is part of eternity. So I'm celebrating Easter with a sense of joy and real gratitude for the people I have in my live - and those who have been a part of my life and are now watching over from a distance.

We've had all kinds of fun ways to celebrate Easter this year. Jay got to experience his first Easter Egg Hunt, which his daycare held on the Capitol grounds. He wasn't too excited about hunting the eggs, but he did like putting eggs we found for him into his basket and opening them up to discover the treats inside. If only his mom would have let him eat the candy...

And yesterday we took him to get his portrait made in his new Easter outfit that LaLa gave him for his birthday. Cute as a button!

Okay, if that picture of him "dancing" in the center doesn't make you laugh, I don't know what will.

Happy Easter!

Comments:

I love it! The message and the pictures...especially the one in the middle!

Posted by Lisa on April 12, 2009 at 08:58 PM EDT #

I haven't left a 'comment' in a long while, but you made me cry today...in both a good and sentimental way! You are doing such a wonderful job as a Mom, Wife, Daughter and Friend!
Much love,
Susie
PS I wish your site didn't require an answer to a 'simple' math question...I had to break out the calculator!

Posted by Susie Hoffman on April 12, 2009 at 11:31 PM EDT #

Love the "dancing" picture! Adorable!

Posted by Amy on April 13, 2009 at 09:05 AM EDT #

Hi!! I woke up this morning thinking of Appie...isn't that strange? I just checked your blog for the first time in a long time and saw that you've been thinking of her too. I love the new pics of Jay and can't believe I haven't even met him yet! Perhaps a trip in the fall?? Miss you guys and Happy Spring!!

Posted by Katrine on April 13, 2009 at 09:40 PM EDT #

I have had Appie and Mammaw on my mind this past weekend, too! What great women we had as role models, huh? If only we can measure up to them.....
Jay is TOO CUTE - not just his happy smile but his cute personality!! A real joy - Love, AJ

Posted by Great AJ on April 15, 2009 at 11:25 AM EDT #

He is soooo cute! He must take after his grandpa with those dashing good looks.

Posted by Grandpa on April 16, 2009 at 11:22 PM EDT #

No comments: