Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mississippi Queen

Wednesday Apr 29, 2009

Mississippi Queen

If you know what I mean
Mississippi Queen
She taught me everything
This lady she asked me
If I would be her man
You know that I told her
I'd do what I can

"Hmmm, what could this blog be about?" you're asking. Well, we're not going to Mississippi, that's for sure. And we've never met the queen. It's all about the music.

My latest goal is to get Jay to enjoy good music. He's recently started to dance along as his Fridge DJ (thanks, Aunt Jill!) plays the hits. Of course those "hits" are songs like "Ten Little Leapfrogs" and "The Days of the Week." Not exactly your high culture tunes. So, every day in the car, we sing along to the radio.

Yesterday, we were singing to one of my current favorites - Jason Mraz' "I'm Yours." Such a happy little tune and so easy to sing along with. Jay didn't seem to care one way or the other. So, when the song was over, I started surfing through the XM buttons. He didn't seem to even notice I was changing stations, until we hit Classic Rewind which was playing Mississippi Queen. Immediately, he began clapping and slapping his hand on the console in time to the song. No lie! Now, this song is not your happy little kid ditty. It's the real deal - 1970's classic rock. And he was clapping and slapping along like "Finally! Some REAL music!"

We've got a budding rock star on our hands, folks.

Comments:

Yay! Sam will be thrilled to hear that he has a new rocker friend. I love to watch Sam bang his head to the beat of ACDC in the back of my van....

Posted by TOOJ on April 30, 2009 at 08:44 PM EDT #

That is SO funny!!!

Posted by Lisa on May 01, 2009 at 10:29 AM EDT #

No comments: