Thursday, January 7, 2010

So much to say, so much to say, so much to say

Thursday Jan 07, 2010

So much to say, so much to say, so much to say

Sometimes I find it's easy to be myself
Sometimes I find it's better to be somebody else
-Dave Matthews Band

Wow - how in the world did it get to be January already? 2010? A month since I've blogged? Wow - I really do have much to say, so I'll just give you the highlights.

CheezeDoodle is growing and growing and growing! According to my vegetable-loving friends @ BabyCenter, he's currently the size of a jicama. I'm betting he's WAY bigger than that. And what's a jicama, anyway? I'm getting to that foot-swelling, hard to turn over at night, 24-7 heartburn, whiny stage. Derek is thrilled.

Still no name yet for CheezeDoodle. We had a few front runners, and a few that didn't make the cut for Jay that are still under consideration. When we ask him, he suggests "Clifford." Nothing against anyone out there reading this who might be named Clifford, but I don't think I could name a kid after the big red dog.

Home remodel is 99% done. Kitchen is fully functional, half-bath is completely done, and the tools have migrated from the pool table into the laundry room. We're not there yet, but with another couple of weekends, we will be. Hallelujah! Pics to come. Really.

Christmas was wonderful, though the break was (of course!) too brief. Jay got a tricycle and promptly fell off and got a bloody lip. Those legs need to grow just a bit to really reach the pedals. He also got the whole 'Tato Head family (his pronunciation - adorable!) including Mr., Mrs, and their little ones, Chip and Julienne. Those names crack me up every time! From grandparents, he got a new kid-size table which is his new favorite place to put scribble to paper, and a tool bench which has seen more hammering than you can possibly imagine. He's a happy kid.

Being pregnant at Christmas is really an amazing feeling. Makes me see advent through a different light - the season of expectation has new meaning. I whined about Derek putting me in a car (with heated seats!!) for 3 hours. Can you imagine saying "Sure, I'll throw my pregnant self on that donkey and ride. No reservations? No problem!" I'm not Catholic, but I certainly have gained a new respect for the Blessed Mother.

Ringing in the New Year at the beach is the best way to start a year. We went with both our families, including Jay's cousin, Camden, who is the same age. They clearly loved hanging out together, if you judge by the number of times they screamed "MINE!" while ripping toys out of one another's hands. "My hammer! My book! My toy! MINE! MINE! MINE!" So, I totally thought they hated each other, except that every morning Jay woke up looking to play with cousin Camden. The social dynamics of toddlers are still a bit of a puzzle to me.

So, happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all of you. Here's wishing you all the best in 2010!

Comments:

Same to ya!

Posted by Bethany Watkins on January 07, 2010 at 09:44 PM EST #

No comments: