Friday, June 3, 2011

She don't wanna be nobody's baby...


...she don't wanna be nobody's prize
-Cravin' Melon, "Nobody's Prize"
(One of my very, very, absolute, favoritest songs. Ever. Takes me back to my freshman year of college... ahhh, memories.)

My very first bloggin' award! Woohoo! Okay, it *was* awarded to me by someone who I know and love, but it's still a prize nonetheless. I'm a proud blogger!


It was awarded to me by the lovely Sush who blogs at First Do No Harm. Between bragging on her adorable grand babes, she's writing about her large family and posting super cool pics pulled from her archives. She's the mom to 5 kids - 4 boys and one girl. (Note to all - I have no plans of continuing to have kids until I have the girl I've dreamed of ... if I have a third boy, we're done!)

So, in the spirit of paying it forward, here are some blogs that I want to recognize by sharing some love:

#1 - Joye @ Signs of Life. A fellow heart mama, I was referred to Joye's blog by a friend of a friend of a mom of a co-worker ... you get the picture. She's one of a handful of people I've met on the interwebs and that connection has morphed into an amazing real-world friendship. You'll love her writing, and you can't help but love her little cutie pie.

#2 - Erica @ Chillin' With Lemonade. What started as a blog about her struggles as a young widow has morphed into a beautiful story about finding real joy after sorrow. She's strong, she's open & honest, and she admits her own vulnerabilities in a way that's really tough to do publicly. Her story makes me happy.

#3 - "Mumma" @ Moms. Plural. Period. One of the most interesting women I know, she calls it like it is without being in-your-face. She's not an every single day blogger, but when she's got something to say, she says in a way that is authentic and real. Plus she uses great expressions like "Italiorican." When she offers to pray for you, she means it!

#4 - Chrissy @ The Hardy Life. We've never met in real life - in fact we've never even spoken. I read a lot of blogs about children with CHD (Congenital Heart Disease), but this one is about her daughter who was born with with CDH (Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia). She's got a miraculous story of a fellow ECMO babe, and she tells it in a beautiful way. Her faith shines through.

Thanks, Sush, for giving me this recognition and giving me the chance to share some excellent writing with my readers. Happy blog hopping!
jf

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what nice things you said about me! Thanks! Guess I'd better start writing more and earn my recognition!!

Martha @ Moms. Plural. Period.

joye said...

awwww, shucks! thanks friend :)

Jennifer Davis said...

Woo-hoo! Thanks for giving my SIL a shout-out!