Thursday, August 4, 2011

Love, Fresh out the oven...

...straight sugar lovin'
To the beat I love it, Hey
-Jennifer Lopez, "Fresh Out the Oven"

And the answer to the quiz post is...





Wait for it...






The song title gave it away, right....






An oven mitt - in the shape of broccoli!

I mean really, how could you NOT get that just by looking? While it's a little hard to tell, they had colored the cotton balls with green marker - or attempted to anyway. I think had they been more green, it might have been more broccoli-esque.

Now, I must admit that I was surprised at the creativity of your responses, dear readers. From bath mitt to cat hair remover to dish washing glove to hand puppet, this little masterpiece could be endlessly helpful.

But my favorite responses didn't always make their way to the comments (plus, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who actually reads them all) so I simply must share two. Dear reader K suggested that I should hold onto it until the 5th grade DARE program to "show the folly of overindulgence in alcoholic beverages." And really, Broccoli Mitt Man does appear to have had quite the drunken bachelor party night. In fact, he actually looks worse now because he lost an eye sometime between his arrival in our home and tonight.

But I nearly spit my coffee onto my keyboard laughing when my dear colleague L suggested that it was the love child offspring of:

and


Genius! Sheer genius. I do have some very funny friends. But I did say the prize would go to the first correct answer, so as entertaining as those replies were, I'm going to have to go with the closest to correct.

I must give props to Erica, who immediately commented on facebook that it was broccoli, and to Jeramie, who quickly assured his clueless wife that it was indeed an oven mitt. Like, duh.

And the very best part was that it came home with a disclaimer that we shouldn't ACTUALLY let him use it to take hot things out of the oven. Really? Why not?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That was my initial reaction to this...could you REALLY handle something hot with it? I mean, it looks like felt. It would still be cute hanging out by the stove. :)