Saturday, November 1, 2008

He did the mash...

Saturday Nov 01, 2008

He did the mash...


He did the monster mash
The monster mash
It was a graveyard smash
He did the mash
It caught on in a flash
He did the mash
He did the monster mash

Not a monster, not a basketball player, not a ghost, and definitely not a politician (though we saw all of those on the streets last night). For Halloween, Jay was a candy corn. So cute, it was all I could do not to eat him up!

It was a great first Halloween. We did what my friend D called "reverse trick-or-treating." Instead of asking for candy, we showed off our little candy corn to friends and neighbors. We loaded Jay into the stroller & walked around my folks' neighborhood where we have lots of wonderful friends. And the sidewalks were hoppin'! It was so fun with loads of costumed kids out and about - just like I remember trick-or-treating when I was a kid. It's funny to see how different trick-or-treating was for Derek. He imagined we'd load up in the car, which is an idea as foreign to me as eating Duke's mayo was. (For those who don't know, we've had an ongoing Duke's vs. Hellman's war for our entire 7 year marriage. Although I've given in, I'm still a Hellman's girl at heart.) I guess when you grow up half a mile from your next door neighbor, driving is the only efficient way to do it! But I think even he enjoyed the community feel of the neighborhood filled with kids (and a few grown ups!) laughing and walking and looking for treats.

Isn't he just adorable?


Comments:

He is so stinkin' cute, I can hardly stand it! And the Turtle on his back video made me almost wet myself, I was laughing so hard. We think our baby, (our dog) is endlessly entertaining, but she's nothing compared to your little baby. Love you guys!

Posted by Aunt Jamie on November 02, 2008 at 02:51 PM EST #

Sorry we missed you on Halloween at your parents house. It was late by the time we made it over to there to show off Scott in his Winnie the Pooh outfit. I'll have to send you a picture so you can see it!
Diane

Posted by Diane on November 02, 2008 at 03:06 PM EST #

Hi! Your Mom told me to post what I told her. I told her to tell you that surely was an adorable "little niblet"!

Posted by Lynette Rhodes on November 04, 2008 at 09:19 AM EST #

Dear Candy Corn Parents,
Thanks so much for bringing the baby candy corn to my house. If I'd known ahead of time I would have provided you with your favorite candy (besides baby Jay). He was just adorable and his smile is so darling!
I am looking forward to next year...can't wait to see what Jay will be.
Happy Halloween indeed, love, Susie

Posted by Susie Hoffman on November 06, 2008 at 01:11 AM EST

No comments: