Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Torquil or Torquilla?

I'm in love with ya baby and I don't even know your name!

Well, tomorrow is the big day- the ultrasound where we'll learn if "Torquil" is really a boy or a girl. I should be incredibly excited, but for some reason, I'm a little nervous. Right now, it's all kinda theoretical. It's Baby Foster or Torquil - but they are like cartoon children in my mind. Knowing the sex and seeing an ultrasound that looks less blob & more baby will make it seem so much more real. That's a bit scary. Don't get me wrong-I really WANT to know. And I really am excited about having a baby and I can't wait to meet this new person in my life. But I know that my entire life is going to change and even good changes in my life have been known to stress me out.. I was the kid who cried when Mom?s license plate changed from LKD-13 to AXW-7946. (Yes, I agree that the fact that I still remember those and can?t tell you my current license plate number proves how traumatic that was for me.)

The other thing about knowing the sex is that I feel like I need to have a girl name and a boy name ready and waiting for when we find out. We?re so not there yet! But we're continuing to narrow down the list, and I'm sure by the time the baby is 3 days old, something will hit us over the heads as THE NAME. Until then, will s/he be Torquil or Torquilla?

Posted at 11:59AM Oct 03, 2007 by Jen Foster in General | Comments[0]

No comments: