Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Those first kicks... or was that my stomach growling?

Wednesday Oct 10, 2007



Since I first learned I was pregnant, I've imagined that moment when I would first feel the baby kick. I would feel a LIFE inside me, and I would be forever changed. (Cue soft harp music in the background...) Reality check - I can't remember it at all. For a couple of weeks, I felt this funny tremble. And I'll be honest, I didn't initially associate it with THE BABY. You know, we've all had those digestive rumblings. Yes, those. Okay, I am big enough to admit it - I thought it was gas.

But since I've learned to recognize those tiny kicks, I can't get enough of them. I sit around with my hand on my belly waiting for that little movement, hoping I could feel with my hand what I feel inside. I've made Derek do it, too, while we're sitting on the couch.
"Did you feel that?!"
"No."
"How about that one?"
"Umm, I don't think so."
(Nothing like trying to feel someone else's digestive rumblings!)

And while he's been patiently waiting, it wasn't until last week that he finally felt that tiny kick. I don't want to speak for him, but I thought it was pretty amazing for him to get to experience it for himself.


Comments:

I'm glad to hear that Torquil is practicing for soccer! Feeling your baby move is one of the most magical experiences in the life. Enjoy!

Posted by Jennifer B. on October 12, 2007 at 06:12 PM EDT #

No comments: