Monday, February 11, 2008

The dreaded disease...

Monday Feb 11, 2008

Well, I've finally gotten it - the most dreaded side effect of pregnancy. Worse than morning sickness, more dreaded than stretch marks ... I've developed "THE WADDLE."


Okay, I know that those of you who see me regularly are thinking, "Girlfriend, you've had the waddle for weeks now! Get over it!" But I'm just now finally admitting it to myself. I mean, really, could we have come up with a less attractive name for it? Waddle? As in a duck - waddle, waddle, quack quack?! Uggh.

I'm told that there's a legitimate reason for it. As your body prepares for delivery, your ligaments are stretching and loosening up your pelvis. Whatever. I'll tell you the real cause - it's this gigantic belly hanging in front of you. While it would seem that my ever-growing rear end would balance things out, it apparently doesn't. It just gets hard to stand up straight or walk when you're carrying all that weight on the front! And my feet are most certainly not used to carrying around an extra 30+ pounds.

Good news, though - only 18 more days to waddle through. Man, are we really just down to DAYS now?! My how time flies.

Comments:

Andy noticed my waddle the day before Grady was born. Maybe your little guy is coming sooner than later!

Posted by Jennifer G on February 12, 2008 at 02:38 PM EST #

No comments: