Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Good Night, Sweetheart...

Wednesday Jun 10, 2009

Good Night, Sweetheart...

...well, it's time to go (do, do, dee, oh doh)

Peek in on a little Foster family time...Earlier tonight, Jay was happily playing with his toys in the den, pushing his trucks down the ramp of his new gas station (Thanks, Jasper!!). It was only 7:15, and he doesn't usually go to bed until close to 8:00. Suddenly, he stood up and said "Nite Nite."

"Do you want to go night nite?" I asked.

He stands up and walks through the kitchen and into his bedroom. I get up to follow him, and by the time I get there, he's standing at the crib on his tippy toes trying to pull himself up and INTO the crib. Yes, our kid told us that he wanted to go to bed. We kissed him goodnight, laid him down, and he never even squeaked. How lucky am I?

When I was pregnant, I of course had many dreams for him. I hope he gets his Grandpa's sense of humor. I hope he gets his Dad's patience. I hope he gets compassion and kindness to others from his LaLa. But most of all, (totally selfish desire here!) I hope he gets Uncle Matt's sleeping habits. He is a champion sleeper ... he can sleep anywhere, anytime. My brother could, and actually has, sleep through a hurricane. So I guess I got my wish - Jay got Uncle Matt's love of sleep. Somebody remind me about 14 years from now when I've spent an hour trying to forcefully drag him out of bed that you get what you ask for.

Comments:

Jen, that is really, really funny! He can join the "We Love Our Beds" club (WLOB)that BA and I had in college.

Posted by Brandi on June 11, 2009 at 01:09 PM EDT #

Jen, you make me laugh. Parenthood becomes to easy when your kid asks to sleep. I would say he would be quite the prodigy if he next asked to be potty trained.

Posted by Ali Perry on July 02, 2009 at 08:42 PM EDT #

No comments: