Sunday, June 21, 2009

If I had a hammer...

Sunday Jun 21, 2009

If I had a hammer...

I'd hammer in the morning
I'd hammer in the evening

I can say this for sure - if I had a hammer (and I do) I'd most definitely hammer in the evening. We may have lost our minds because we have undertaken a major home improvement project. We're remodeling my craft room and a non-functional half bath into a pantry, laundry/utility room, and real half bath. You know, the kind of bathroom where you don't have to sit on the toilet sideways. Seriously, the front edge of the toilet was about 4 inches from the wall, so you literally had to sit sideways. Did people in the 50's not have knees?

We're still in the fun stage, aka demolition. Walls come down way faster than they go up. Carpet comes up way faster than new flooring goes down. Check out our progress:

Matt giving me a hand


Derek punching through the wall with his head


Matt conquered Mt. Chunk-of-Sheetrock

Bye bye tiny bathroom!

But the best part of the whole thing was that all of the work we've done was completed AFTER Jay was asleep. His room is righ next to the demolition zone; in fact, his crib is on the wall about 4 inches away from one of the walls we were ripping out. And he didn't even make a peep. When I said the kid loves his sleep, I wasn't kidding.


Comments:

I love the pictures...looks like lots of "fun!" Can't wait to see the finished product.

Posted by Lisa on June 22, 2009 at 02:47 PM EDT #

Wow-- you've got lots more energy than I do... Awesome that Jay slept through it all!

Posted by Erin on June 22, 2009 at 04:57 PM EDT #

Wow! Can't wait to see the finished room. Wanna come to Kersey and work on our house!?!

Posted by Mindy on June 23, 2009 at 01:18 AM EDT #

No comments: