Friday, June 5, 2009

That's what you get when you confuse...

Friday Jun 05, 2009

That's what you get when you confuse...

your stomach with your heart!
-Barenaked Ladies

Man, I'm getting to the point where I need to start every entry with "Forgive me readers, for I have sinned. It's been 3 weeks since my last blog post." Seriously, I just realized I've only posted 3 times since Easter! Geez, what has been keeping me so busy? Oh yeah - job, husband, kids, travel. Sigh. I promise I'll do better. My posts may be more brief, but I really will try to put up something at least once a week. Really.

So, Bonjor from Montreal! Derek's here for a conference, and I'm tagging along for the opportunity to stay in a swanky hotel with fluffy towels. For me, the ultimate in luxury is a fantastic hot shower, thick towels, and someone to clean your bathroom for you. So I'm living it up! While he's off preaching about the dangers of cryptosporidia in baby cows (did I spell that right, honey?) I'm napping and blogging and planning our adventures for tomorrow.

Like all our travels, we have pretty much planned our routes around where to eat. Tonight, beer festival. Tomorrow, smoked meat from Schwartz's. After that, poutine, the Montreal comfort food of French Fries topped with cheese curds and gravy. Sounds like a heart attack on a plate. Can somebody forward this to Miss Betty? She just didn't know that her fries & gravy at Two Guys were a French-Canadian delicacy!

But I am missing my baby boy something awful. I got a phone call from his teacher yesterday while I was stuck in the Cincinnati airport waiting for our flight attendant to appear (a 2 hour delay!). Jay was feverish and needed to go home. I had to call LaLa to go pick him up early. She says he's feeling better, but I still hate being away when he isn't feeling well. When you're sick, you need your mama! But I'm sure she's taking good care of him - she even called the nurse line at our pediatrician just to be sure.

I think when Derek imagined a romantic long weekend in Montreal (the O is a pair of smooching lips in all the tourism info!), he didn't really imagine me calling home every hour, on the hour. So I'm trying to balance my mommy instinct to check on my baby with my opportunity for a few nice days with the hubby. And so far, we are having a great time!

Comments:

new layout already? Have fun in Canada - I've been wanting to try poutine since a Canadian teammate of mine described it ten years ago. Haven't made it yet, take a picture for me!

Posted by dwight on June 08, 2009 at 04:55 PM EDT #

No comments: