Saturday, March 29, 2008

If I could save time in a bottle...

Saturday Mar 29, 2008

If I could save time in a bottle...


...The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
Til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

I can't believe we haven't posted on the blog since Monday - it is just amazing how fast the days go by. I start out each morning with a goal of something I want to accomplish for the day. These are NOT big goals, mind you - they are things like put away the laundry or unload the dishwasher. Then I blink my eyes and the day is gone and the pile of laundry is bigger than ever and there are even more dishes in the sink. I know that exhaustion is taking over when I can't remember the last time I brushed my teeth. (I know I have brushed them, I just can't remember actually doing it!) Everyone tells me that it gets better once he starts sleeping through the night, but I fear that is still a long way away! But I try to remember that the time when he'll wrap those tiny little fingers around mine is short and to enjoy these moments while I can (even the 4 a.m. feedings!)

Jay is still struggling to eat enough, and we're still working on getting him to eat like a 10 pounder. He is gaining weight, just VERY slowly. He saw his cardiologist again yesterday, and he seemed quite pleased with how he's doing. His heart is looking great and we're very thankful for that. He was also very optimistic that the laryngeal paralysis will improve on its own and that was certainly reassuring.

Several of you have asked about the name of the blog "Torquil's news." I didn't realize that my older posts disappeared after a certain amount of time. I started this blog early in my pregnancy before we knew if we were having a boy or a girl. You can find the original post that explains the name Torquil here. If you want to see other previous posts, you can click on the calendar at the top right to go back to earlier months.

Here's a new picture so you can see our eating struggles.


Comments:

I love seeing pictures of Jay! I can't wait to visit next week. Have a fun night at the concert!

Posted by Lisa Jones on March 28, 2008 at 10:39 PM EDT #

I thought I'd check back on your blog to see how baby Jay was doing. I think for now, I like Baby Jay. A one syllable name is something to get used to. I like Jay, but for now, Baby Jay seems to fit. Maybe reminds me of baby Jesus, and it seems we've been coming to Him a lot lately on behalf of baby Jay, so maybe that's why it seems to fit. I can identify with you on the 4 am feedings. I didn't mind getting up as I also realized it too would pass. Every moment is for the enjoyment. You can not take these times back so savor them as them come.
I looked back at your original torquil news from the link. I don't know that a girls name would be that difficult for you at all. After all, there's always "Alice", and name your Mom and Appie share (and me :) ).
'til youtr next blog... Give us a call if we can be of any help.
Aunt Ali

Posted by Great Aunt Ali on March 29, 2008 at 10:38 AM EDT #

No comments: