Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The waiting...

Tuesday Mar 11, 2008

The waiting...



...is the hardest part. A shout out to Tom Petty, Derek's favorite musician. Derek has already started teaching Jay the finer points of classic rock.

So the surgery is now underway--they took him from the PICU at 1:20, and even wheeled him by the grandparents lining the hallway. They started surgery at 2:15, and it should last about 2 hours. We're hanging out in the waiting room surrounded by friends, family, and junk food.

So we are just waiting. And it really is the hardest part.

Comments:

Jen and Derke, I wanted to know that I'm thinking about all of you. My prayers and heart with you. I am sure little Jay will be with you soon. I look forward to seeing/meeting him soon, too.

Posted by Zeynep on March 11, 2008 at 03:18 PM EDT #

Been thinkin' about you all. I am sure all will be well with Jay. Waiting is the hardest part.
Hang in there!
Teri

Posted by Teresa D. Carpenter on March 11, 2008 at 03:20 PM EDT #

Hi Guys!!! We are thinking of you guys.

Posted by Cara McLeod on March 11, 2008 at 05:50 PM EDT #

Post a Comment:

No comments: