Saturday, November 6, 2010

Beach baby, beach baby...

..Give me your hand
Give me something that I can remember
Just like before we can walk on the shore in the moonlight
Beach baby, beach baby there on the sand
From July til the end of September
-Beach Baby, The First Class

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving, Day #6 - I am grateful to live close to the beach.

Growing up, my favorite vacation memories are from our annual trips to Holden Beach. In college, Derek and I would go to the early service at church then hit the road for a day trip. Recently, our extended family has created a new Thanksgiving tradition and we've spent the long weekend there. Even if it's cold, there's just something about watching the waves that is incredibly relaxing. Because it's a south-facing beach, it's one of the few places on the east coast where you can see the sunset over the ocean. A few years ago my parents bought a house there, and now beach trips are our default weekend getaway. When we need a mini vacation, relaxation is only a couple of hours down I-40.

Some of my favorite beach pics:

Luke, July 2010

Jay, October 2008

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jen,
Thanks for reminding me of those wonderful Thanksgivings that I used to have as a child when we'd pack up and go to Holden Beach to visit my grandparents...while I love the beach in the summer--there's nothing better than a crisp breeze on a fall day!!
clv