Thursday, November 4, 2010

I've read a lot of books...

...Wrote a few songs
Looked at my life where it's goin, where it's gone
I've seen the world through a bus windshield, but nothing compares
To the way that I see it,
to the way that I see it,
to the way that I see it when I sit in that old blue chair
-Old Blue Chair, Kenny Chesney

Thirty days of Thanksgiving, Day #4 - I am thankful for my rocking chair, aka the "magic chair."


First, I must give credit to my dear friend Bethany, my volunteer photog friend who snapped this shot less than 24 hours before Luke was born. Heck, I was in labor with Jay longer than that! But I love this picture and the way the light streams in through the window onto my belly. It's like Luke has his own special ray of sunshine.

This chair (purchased from the wonderful folks at Beanie + Cecil baby) is the perfect baby rocking chair. I've spent hours snuggled into the corner - feeding Luke, reading books to Jay, escaping the chaos of the rest of the house. It's my comfort zone, literally and figuratively.

Thanks, mom, for the best baby gift I could have possibly received.

1 comment:

P's mom said...

Thanks for posting the pic!! I'm so glad we didn't wait another second!