Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Who needs sleep?

W ell, you're never gonna get it
Who needs sleep?
Tell me what's that for
-Barenaked Ladies, "Who Needs Sleep"

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving, Day #17 - Sleep. Blissful, peaceful restful sleep.

I am grateful for a night of uninterrupted sleep. No snoring over the baby monitor. No little feet coming into our room at 5 a.m. Big soft fluffy pillows. A whole bed to myself. Dark curtains that block the early morning sun. A warm, clean-smelling duvet.

I stayed at a hotel last night. Hampton Inn, I love you. As much as I missed my boys (all 3 of them!), I must admit that a restful night helped to ease the loneliness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so have to agree with you on that one! (and you can catch some good zzz's at the Hampton!)

Andrea Hauser