Friday, November 12, 2010

Tell her about it...

...tell her everything you feel
give her every reason to accept
that you're for real
-Billy Joel, Tell Her About It

Thirty days of Thanksgiving, Day #12 - Today I'm thankful for the blogging community and the e-friends I've made.

Blogging is a fascinating phenomenon to me. People (me included!) use these spaces to share a great deal of personal information to complete strangers. I have gained so much from my fellow bloggers - everything from yummy recipes to how much laundry 6 kids generate to how to survive the waiting room to what it feels like to lose a child. I am thankful for the advice and support my blog friends have shared. I'm thankful for the genuine honesty people share in this public forum.

While I'm at it, I'm thankful for blogging friends who turn into real friends. Tonight, Joye and I enjoyed a great ladies night at a grown up restaurant, complete with wine and desserts. Our conversation flowed smoothly from the worst days of our lives and our worst fears for our children's hearts to laughing about funny similarities we discovered we had in common. Fun times!

2 comments:

joye said...

I'm still giggling :) Thank you, Jen, for a fantastic evening! I can't wait for Round 2!

Sush said...

I'm so happy you've made friends in the blogging world. It does bring you to a place where one feels connected with strangers in a nice, comfy way. So glad we are friends before and during...always enjoy each one of your postings!
Loves~