Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm hot, sticky sweet...

...from my head to my feet, yeah
-Def Leppard, Pour Some Sugar on Me

Ahhh, sugar. Thirty Days of Thanksgiving, Day # 7 - Today I'm thankful that Krispy Kreme is between my house and church.

It was a Sunday morning habit when I was younger (KK was between my folks' house and my growin' up church, too!). Given my dad's sweet tooth, it didn't take much begging from me & my little bro to convince them to stop on the way home. While Derek and I don't make it quite the habit that my parents did, it's still a Sunday indulgence that I allow myself now and again.

This morning, Luke enjoyed his first taste of the Hot & Now sign. Like you'd expect, he was all over it, quite literally. Or it was all over him. Sticky sugar in the hair, the clothes, the hands. Mmmm, goodness.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What? No pictures?! You have a responsibility to your readers, you know. The mental image will have to do.

Jamie Blackburn said...

I agree with Amy... if I have to be this far away from a KK store, I at least want to live vicariously through my little cuz and the sugar in his hair!

Unknown said...

Just tuned back in after a too-long spell away from following the doins of the Foster family. So happy that Jay is home and doing well. We'll make sure to amend our nightly prayer for JayFoster to include one of thanks, too.
Henry misses his friend. Love the blog and look forward to reading more regularly!
Elizabeth Beall - Henry's mom

Julie said...

I am so jealous! Our KK shut down. There are a few donut imposters around town but none like KK. I hope you enjoy 1 or 2 or a dozen for me!

Unknown said...

I love the 30 days of Thanksgiving! And so glad to see that some of your childhood memories make the list. I am most thankful for YOU!
LY, M.

Jen F. said...

@ Elizabeth - I love how all the ITC kids call him "JayFoster" like it's one word! :-) We saw Oren & his fam this weekend, and he does the same thing. Thanks for keeping up with us!